lock me up, but don't throw away the key.

4.28.2013

photo by wes johnson
I wanted to thank everyone that commented/emailed/tweeted suggestions for Europe! I tried to respond to everyone, but lots of you don't have your email connected to your blogger name, so I couldn't email you back--i did respond in the comments though. Anyway, thanks again!

Today after church I've got to lock myself in my room and make myself pack!   If I'm lucky, I'll get done in time to sneak in a little break to watch the new episode of Granite Flats.
 
I made this hair tutorial after watching the show and admiring the  hair and costuming! There  are so many things I'm grateful for about being born when i was, especially as a woman, but sometimes i  see 'period pieces' and i just really wish i could have lived back when you always had your hair perfectly done and dresses and petticoats were the norm :)

Anyway, if you want to check out the show that inspired it all, you can watch all the episodes free here, or on your roku.

If you could/had to live in any time period other than the one we are in now, which would you choose?

4 comments

Irene said...

I'll take a look at the show later!
As you said I'm grateful I was born in this era for what that means as a woman, but I love the style of the 50's and 60's!
I'm also gonna have a look to the comments because I don't know if my email is linked to my blogger account (it should since I sign in with google, though).
Hope you have a great flight and trip! so bad you're not coming to Spain, maybe next time ;)

Unknown said...

I would love to live in the 50s! What a cute hairstyle! I LOVE it!

Kirsten Wiemer said...

oh my gosh, how are you cute?
cutest person ever.
gosh.

K

Michaela said...

Love the tutorial! Really cute. Time period or era...? I would have to say the Eames era. :)

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.