choosing my galentine.

1.30.2014

Last weekend, I had the lovely pleasure of rubbing shoulders with the beautiful Brooke White--she was wearing this dress and I was gushing with envy, sure that it was a magical vintage 1970s thrift store score. She was pleased with my keenness toward 1970s duds, and called me her soul sister, but informed me that she had actually got it from Lulu*s! Within minutes, it was in my cart and a week later, on my back porch. It is heaven, and paired with these gorgeous Seychelles from my favorite gals at PB&J, I was feeling groovy, and just myself. I love how there are just some outfits that feel like you, this was one of those. 

So, what I'm saying is that I'm going to ask all the fine ladies mentioned above to be my Galentine this February, because they treat me so right, and I love them so!
Any Fun Valentine's Traditions You'd Care to Share?
<<what i wore>>
beach curl//tutorial here
earrings//frances 
dome hat//c.o. oasap (similar here)
sunnies//? (buy similar here)
tooled leather clutch//vintage (buy similar here)
turquoise tear drop necklace//c.o. powder & jade
sweet peonies maxi dress//lulu*s here (similar here, here, here, here, here, herehere, herehere)
bracelets//threads
rings//etsy
nail color//essie (here)
seychelles third degree heels//c.o. pb&j shop 

18 comments

My name is Lydia said...

oh my gosh, i LOVE lulus. these photos are so chic! one of lulus hidden gems i think are their shoes. they are so cheap and cute!

Kayla Moncur said...

Ok I DESPERATELY want this dress. However- can we talk about the sizing? I'm pretty sure anyone with a 38" bust and a 26" waist would just topple over. How is the fit??

Always Rooney said...

Whhhattt. This dress is perfectly 70's and chic. You rock it, of course.

-Courtney

Oliviaaa said...

this dress was made for you!

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm OBSESSED!! Love this look so much! Total babe! :)
www.kaylee-daily.com

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I'm usually a bit afraid of prints but you look like a goddess. I wish my legs were long enough to carry a dress like this, you look beautiful!


Flora
www.floraemay.blogspot.com

Two in June said...

i have been looking for a dress like this! you look fabulous! completely in love with this look ;)

www.twoinjune.com

ANDYSTYLE said...

beautiful, and cute :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You look AMAZING! I seriously love everything about the way you look here!

Unknown said...

you rock the dress so well!! i don't think i can pull the flowery dress this well..you're my inspiration..

xo josephine
www.joselovincolors.com

Unknown said...

does it fit true to size?? I'm in love and totally buying this!

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

i got an xs--my measurements, i'm a 32 bust and 25 waist and i'm 5'6 if that helps! you'll love it!

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

did i already answer you! i can't remember! i got an xs, the fabric seems like it would be accommodating--i'm a 32 bust, 25 waist and i'm 5'6! hope that helps!

Unknown said...

I have several sites that promote modesty in fashion and swimwear Modest Swimsuits for Women is one.

Natalie said...

soooo pretty.

Unknown said...

Where can I buy that dress? I loved it!

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

Thank you! All outfit details are listed at the bottom
Of the post :)

luxurygirl said...

This dress is perfection! I love the floral pattern
Originalluxury

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.