around the house, fall edition

10.23.2012

jamie sent me a link to this halloween bat tutorial and i had to give it a try. i must say, i'm going to have a hard time taking them down, i like them so much.
my thrift store grandma was so pleased with me when i finally got some hooks to put away my trinkets. can't you just see the pride in her eyes?
 with the weather cooling down to a bone chilling 79 degrees at night, we decided it was time for some German soul-food--home-made knoodle with a mushroom cream sauce.
pumpkin from the ranch.

Do you decorate for the holidays? What's your favorite?

10 comments

Jessica Steele said...

Too cute! I totally get what you are saying about the 'bone-chilling' 79 degrees. I live in Texas and we are still in the low 80's and it is just not the same drinking apple cider on a hay ride when you are sweating the whole time.

Andrea Carol said...

Your bats are so cute! [I don't think anyone would complain if you left them up longer] I personally don't decorate and the best I get is stockings for Christmas time [Although I've had those for almost five years and am pretty sure I've never hung them. This year I will!] Obviously I need to work on artsy side, maybe next year (:

Jennifer Ray said...

Love decorating for the holidays! hum, i really love them all, but Christmas is prob my fav :)

malia said...

love the bats!!!
-m

malia said...

ps, just saw that you have a fleetwood mac record!!! i have been trying to find one at di. but i did manage to score a jefferson airplane record for a $1!

Sara P said...

So fun! Love all the fall changes.
sincerelysk.blogspot.com

Carolynn Bullard said...

For the holidays I love just spending time outdoors in the fall leaves....

Irene Navajas said...

I don't really decorate for fall, we don't really celebrate Halloween in Spain, and we don't any major "happy" festivity this time of the year... only my birthday in November (hehehehe).

brittany lewis said...

i did those same bats around our house! and i am in love with your slouchy pumpkin.

Ann Bierbower said...

What's the recipe? I want to make it this weekend!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.