grunge--i can't quit you.

2.06.2014

As you can see, Poppy is VERY suspicious of cameras. She genuinely despises getting her picture taken, and hates when I am getting mine taken as well. If you didn't know animals could give you the sink-eye, they can. They can do oh-so-many more things than you ever thought possible--such as ingest your favorite pair of shoes, barf on your sheets in the night and then wake up completely hogging your pillow, like they own the place, or meticulously clean out your nostrils against your will with their tiny pink tongues, and yet somehow after all the madness and even during it sometimes, they can make you believe they're the cutest thing on the planet and deserving of all your love. And she has it. I love that little Poppy Reh, even when I hate her.
In other news, I finally bit the bullet and cashed in a Nordstrom Gift Card I've had since my birthday in november on these beautiful ankle booties. I've been dying over them for about 7 months, and since I never found anything I liked better, I knew it was time (SO THANK YOU MA NIELSON FOR SUBSIDIZING THESE BEAUTES!) They're keeping me cozy in this chillier than normal weather we've been having :)
do you feel a little creeped out? good.
<<what i wore>>
fox earrings//c.o. dress lilly (buy here $6)
military style jacket//old navy (similar here)
acid wash t-shirt//c.o. swell (buy here)
buffalo check flannel//j.crew factory (buy similar here and here)
initial necklace//local boutique (similar here)
high riser skinny skinny jeans//madewell (buy here) OBSESESSED!
sam edelman petty booties//nordstroms (buy here on sale)
mexi purse//local shop
lightening bolt phone case//crewcuts (buy here $9)

9 comments

K&R said...

i love your little poppy. adorable. and love this outfit. its so simple and perfect and comfy.
those boots im dying.

Julia Paige said...

Those just might be the cutest earrings ever.
And don't quit the grunge look- you're rocking it!!

Brandi said...

Grunge is my fav. You're adorable...

Irene said...

fun earrings!

Unknown said...

LOVE the earrings :)

Sarah said...

So funny, I just went for the Petty booties this week too! I'm normally pulled towards a warm brown like you chose but I decided to get out of my comfort zone and go with the black leather. Wearing them now in fact! If I could, I'd get all of the colors. xo

Miss Morgan said...

I have my petty boots on today too! Love them!

Kara said...

I'm pretty sure you could throw on a gunnysack and still look like a model! Those booties are fantastic - good choice. I recently agonized over how to spend a Macy's gift card and found a faux leather moto jacket after a few visits that practically screamed my name!

Also, the whole portion about dogs? I agree and summarize by saying: dogs are adorable assholes.

Anonymous said...

You’re outfit is so pretty but, where did you get you’re bag!!!?

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.