Scenes from an AZ Weekend

5.09.2011

Enjoying the Springy Weather while it lasts because as Arizona natives, we know the 100s are just around the corner...:(
Date Night with Andrew, Reachel, Leisel & Stel
Swan Thai Yellow Curry, no onions, add carrots=Best Thai Food. 
Flor de Michoacan=My New Best Friend
My friend DD invited us to participate in the Arthritis Walk around the Phoenix Zoo early Saturday morning. 
I've done this before, and it's such a good time. 
You get free admission to the Zoo, free breakfast, tons a freebies from sponsors, and the best part is, you get to be there just as all the animals are waking up.
Which means when you get to the lion and tiger exhibit, they aren't just laying around on a rock...
They were on the prowl!!
Sometimes the dessert amazes me with it's beauty.
I want one of those little foxes so bad!
and a giraffe, and a peacock, and...well, let's just say, I should have been a zoo keeper.
It was also super sweet to see Marcus interact with my precious niece (who might as well be my baby sister).
He's going to be a good daddy someday.
After church on Sunday, we did some stationary watercoloring to give to Ma Nielson for Mother's Day.
Dinner at the Nielson's always involves flowers :)
I hope you had a beautiful weekend!

11 comments

ilene said...

look like a beautiful weekend, friend!!!!!

ashleyTIA said...

Wow! What a fun weekend. I love your casual style.:)

Jade Ozawa Kirk said...

Where did you find your cute long shorts?? I have the hardest time finding such things. This season I have only found these... http://kirzawa.blogspot.com/2011/04/shorts.html

Gentri said...

I'm not sure if it posted my comment already or not... But I can't see it... So sorry if you get two. But, I wanted to say: looks like you had such a fun weekend! My dad is living in Phoenix at the moment and I want to go visit so bad! I've never been!! Also, I'm having a huge giveaway over at my blog right now and would love if you entered!! :)

Mugdha said...

Aww, I love the Phoenix Zoo! Looks like you guys had a good time!

Autumn said...

I think Arizona is beautiful. I miss the palm trees and want to visit my husband's family very soon.

AshleeNeva said...

I love foxes, too! I don't think it's legal to own one, so I got a dog (her name is Sydney) that is red and has big ears like a fox. Ahhh, the little things make me so happy. :)

http://casualandclueless.blogspot.com/

Shayla Smith said...

haha! LOVE his pink shorts! you guys are cute.

kitsune-kun said...

I love this post so much! so many cute details, and it makes me so homesick! looks fun! did you know you CAN get fennec foxes as pets? it'skinf of expensive but I'm seriously looking into it...they're big in Japan.

Ashley said...

these pictures are amazzzzing! I live in AZ too..im DREADING the hot weather that i know is ready to make us sweat together... do you know Catlin Nord? I saw you on her friend blog role... anywwwaaays, i love what you have goin on over here sista!

Claire M. said...

I like the first two photos, both are lovely and the outfits are great :)


Claire <.

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.