{For Fashion's Sake} Saturday: Week Trench

1.01.2011


You need to own a trench. 
Not only because Say Anything is my favorite movie or because John Cusack is my idol
but because it's a classic, meaning, it's a timeless piece.
 When has the trench not been fashionable? 
Never. The answer is never. 
Buy yourself a good-fitting trench and love me forever.
Please excuse the mess...those are the scraps from Marcus's Mad Hatter Costume.

The Breakdown:
Nerd Glasses: Forever21 $6
Grey Gingham Button-Up: J.Crew Sale Rack $30
Three-Strand Necklace: Forever21 $6
Braided Leather Belt: Thrifted $1
Navy Pencil Skirt: (Jones of New York) Thrifted (and altered) $4
Mustard Tights: Anthropologie Friends & Family Sale $12
Leather RocketDog Mary-Janes: Nordstroms $Gift
Green Trench: H&M $50

Happy New Year! 
Did you get a New Years Kiss??? 
Or Do Anything Else Exciting?

15 comments

Lauren said...

Love your hair. May be copying soon.

Blythe and Charlotte said...

I love the braided belt! It's so cute!

-Charlotte
allesmode2010.blogspot.com

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

love the belt and mustard tights. :)
enjoying every single fashion post you've posted thus far.

happy new year!

Irene said...

I just bought myself a belt similar to that one YESTERDAY! It was €1.5 and not very good quality but I think it will work as well :)

Alexis Kaye said...

Yes on the kiss. Then I told my boyfriend he didn't kiss me long enough. Then he pulled out his droid and wrote "stop failing" on his to-do list. oh, it is love!

Kell said...

I love all of your outfits! I wish I had a fashion sense.

Arapahoman15 said...

Stunning you are Ashley! Sadly, no one has offered a New Years kiss in a very long time (sad). Perhaps 2011 will be the year of new-found love? One can always hope!

Ari- Audrey Onassis said...

Target has some great trenches right now!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

love the snowiness in the background.

ashley in wonderland said...

thanks everyone!
Alexis Kaye--that story is so funny! sounds like a good catch :)

Sarai and Nancy said...

You love Say Anything and John Cusack too!?! He's only my favorite!! And that movie makes me ridiculously happy every time I watch it :D

~Sarai

the-puddle-jumpers.blogspot.com

ashley in wonderland said...

sarai & nancy, don't even get me started on his awkward greatness. so funny.

Sarai and Nancy said...

That's just amazing hahaha
I love him with all my heart! I love that you can admit he's awkward too, cause that's honestly one of my favorite things about him :D
~Sarai

ashley in wonderland said...

sarai & nancy, don't even get me started on his awkward greatness. so funny.

ashley in wonderland said...

thanks everyone!
Alexis Kaye--that story is so funny! sounds like a good catch :)

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.