twenty-five.

11.27.2013

Last Thursday I turned a quarter of a century old.
It has been an age I have dreaded for a while now. In my mind I'm still 17, my older brother, who is now in his mid-thirties is still 25 to me, so how in the world am I supposed to be 25?

It was a strange and sort of boring day in which i found myself getting emotional on multiple occasions--each occasion, I quickly let the logical side of my brain, tell the other side how silly it was being.

It would happen I would think about the real fact that likely more than 1/4 of my life has already happened. 

As I've gotten older, the years seem to fly by faster than I can seem to remember. Why as a child did it seem like it took unimaginable lengths of time for each new Christmas to come and now, as an adult, I blink and it's back again?

At my birthday dinner, conversations with Marcus lead to us discussing my quarter-life-crisis. He said something simple, but just what I needed to hear.

"Time goes by fast, this should be the perfect kick in the pants to get us into gear about taking control of our life and doing some really awesome stuff, so that when each new year sneaks up on us, we can look back at it and say, 'Yeah, you were awesome and ready for another.'"

This discussion empowered me. I love my husband. I'm lucky to have him by my side, supporting and encouraging me. I'm lucky to have family and friends who love me. I'm thankful for my online community both here on the blog and my instagram friends--it sounds silly, but i love having a creative outlet.

Here'e to twenty-five! I've got this.
I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving on thursday!
If you're looking for a last minute holiday craft--check this one out from last year.

4 comments

K&R said...

ah 25, my husbands birthday is next week and he is turning 25. its freaking him out a little bit. i guess i don't get it yet cause i've still got 2 years to go. but you know what i'm weird and i look forward to getting older, but thats just me. and 25 looks good on you.

Irene said...

I'm turning 27 today and I still feel like I'm 20! Time went super fast and sometimes I feel like I didn't have time to do everything I should have! But others I think (and I know) that all I did will serve to my future. I'm trying to live life as it comes, it is perfect anyway :)

Sarah44 said...

It can be scary getting older, but it's also a beautiful thing. Sounds like you've had a great life so far! Time to make it even better! Heres to 25!

Anonymous said...

I'm about to turn 20... sounds young, but it's so weird at this point to think about! 20 always sounded so adult like, and I sure don't feel very adult like!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.