orange like the summer sunset.

7.11.2012

Sometimes, when you're really hating the city you live in because every morning you wake up and hear "extreme heat warnings" with cautions "to stay inside" on the radio, but you have things to do so you can't just stay inside, but in 111 degrees a ride in a black car equals sudden death, you really just need to sweat it out by sipping something cold and refreshing while watching an Arizona sunset with the neighborhood kids. At least for those last few minutes of the day, it's all good.
And if your skirt just so happens to capture that perfect shade of summer sunset orange, then you can be giddy if you want. I give you my permission.
outfit details:
pink polka dot top: crewcuts (with neck cut out) $10 on sale
belt & wedges: jcrew sale $24, $20
nerd glasses: forever21 $7
sunset maxi skirt: c/o Oasap (20% off your first order)

What are you doing to stay cool?

8 comments

Kirsten Wiemer said...

so provo isn't as warm, but its a different kind of warm, however i'm from vegas, so i totally get it. its going to be about 100 today, which isn't too bad, but our house doesn't have AC, which means it could be pretty close to AZ temps. i'm thinking that to keep cold i sit directly in front of our fan. and always have a freezing water bottle. hahaha. oh gosh, summer just kills me.

K

Kim said...

It's been brutal here in Arkansas this summer so far but it's finally cooled off due to some random afternoon showers. It feels like we're in Florida all of a sudden and it is so welcome. I wear dresses and skirts till the cows come home!

Courtney said...

Lucky for me Rexburg never gets that hot, but growing up in Texas o man it was awful! I swam everyday there was really nothing else you could do. Your skirt is beautiful, I might just have to go buy it.

Adrian said...

I love the color of your skirt! I totally know what you mean! It's too hot in Phoenix right now!! I thought I was going to melt when I was taking my outfit photos yesterday!!


xx Adrian

Christy Hales Buhr said...

It's hot here, but I love AZ. A few months of intense heat sure beats out 7 month of winter. I find wearing my hair up helps a lot. And lots of smoothies!!

Marci Darling said...

Love this outfit! It's really hot here in Alabama too (though ours is mostly the humidity. It hurts to breathe outside!) but we are keeping cool by hitting up Sonic Happy Hour by running errands, lots of water, and popsicles. It's hard to keep a diet around here, but it's the only way to beat the heat!

Irene Navajas said...

when i get home i get almost naked and put the air-con ON! it's unbearable!!!!

brittany lewis said...

love your outfit, and feeling your pain. tonight was so nice though. i'm loving this monsoon season.

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.