Marcus and I finally have a fully functioning kitchen
(minus a toaster, anyone have any toaster suggestions?)
And so we've made it a goal to start cooking at home more often.
Marcus, the tech savvy guy that he is, found us this really cool app called Pepperplate that we've really been enjoying. It organizes grocery lists for you when you upload recipes from online.
Anyway, I wanted to share some of our favorite new found recipes, starting with my favorite so far:
I call it the
Eat Your Heart Out Pasta:
12 oz. oil marinated artichoke hearts (buy in a jar at any grocery store)
2 cloves minched garlic
1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
12 oz. cooked penne pasta
Parmesan Cheese to taste
Fresh chopped basil to taste (necessary, fresh basil makes everything better!)
Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish (not really necessary)
1. Drain the artichokes, saving the oil for cooking.
2. Heat 3 Tablespoons of artichoke oil in medium pan. Add the garlic and saute over medium-low heat. Saute for 10 min. and stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, oregano, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 30 min.
3. Add the drained artichoke hearts and the remaining artichoke oil and stir while simmering for another 10 min. Sprinkle in a bit of fresh parsley.
4. Either stir the penne in the sauce or top it with the sauce.
5. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, fresh basil.
We also had steamed artichokes with salted butter salt as our fresh veggie.
Left-overs are great the next day :)
Let me know if you try it and what you think!