{For Fashion's Sake} Saturday: Asian Persuasion

6.18.2011

I know I've already talked about this, but I'm an addict and I'm not even trying to recover.
I heart Boba Drinks
I think about them on the daily and if my bank account allowed it, I would drink them on the daily. 
For now, I settle for once or twice a week. 
The Boba drink cafe is located in an Asian strip mall--hence the "Koreana Video" and the "Asian Market" storefronts in my pictures. 
I love to go to the Asian Market because they have these delicious chewy candies called Hi-Chew. 
I'm telling you this, so that if you're ever around an Asian stripmall, you can go and buy these items and experience pure joy along with me. 
I'm also telling you this because I want you to know that I'm a fun person to hang around if you have a sweet tooth.
You should come to Arizona and come on these cultural adventures with me and eat foreign sweet things till we explode.
Good? Good.
The Breakdown:
Hair.do: Top-Knot
Feather Earrings: Ireland $4
Gold Coin Necklace: EmersonMade, Gift from NieNie
Polka Dot Blouse: Vintage via Buffalo Exchange $8ish
Yellow Braided Belt: Forever21 $3
Black Extra Thick Leggings: c/o WeLoveColors
Yellow Bow Shoes: Gap $30ish


23 comments

snman8 said...

hi-chews are so amazing! i love them!  and i love your top bun :)

Kassie said...

OH my goodness! I love hi-chew. I tried it in hawaii and wish I had brought some back! Might have to go in an asian market to get some!

Alexis Kaye said...

haha, i would be delighted to eat foreign sweet things with you, so cool. Isn't that in the oregano's corner? Dobson? yes? I know I've seen it before.

www.alexislaughs.blogspot.com

Lindsey Niles said...

Foreign chewy fruity goodness? I'm in. 

I love your shoes! Such a perfect color-now I'm going to have to find some.

The Whimsy Factory

Littlemissvintage said...

I love your blog!!!!!!! plz check mine out x

Littlemiss said...

http://littlemissvintagefashion.blogspot.com/ 

clémence findlay said...

yea

Verity said...

You need to go to the restaurant right next to that video place! You're mouth will die of thankfulness! Order boginbop!

Aubrey Chevrier said...

Sounds amazing! I am on my way :)... maybe I should just go to the part of town where everything is in korean. That might be a little closer than Arizona, but probably not as fun!

Dani Shapiro said...

You're so cute! Your top-knot is perfection, and I'm digging your bold polka-dots and bow flats!

Next time you're in Orange County, you'll have to go to Little Saigon - ginormous Vietnamese area of Westminster full of Asian markets, malls, and BOBA. ;) You also HAVE to try Lee's Sandwiches, if you haven't already!

Highheelsandbubblegum said...

Sounds good!  Where do I sign up?!?

Autumn said...

The shoes are my favorite, my favorite color!

ashleyTIA said...

oh my gosh - polka dots + yellow? Love!!

Sally said...

I LOVE Hi-Chew!!!!!!! I discovered them in China (where they are sooo cheap) and I'm seriously in love. The flavor is amazing. 7/11 actually just started selling them - which I have mixed feelings about, but anyway - have you found any lemon flavored ones? I haven't found that flavor in the states and it's my favorite...

Katrina said...

I've been thinking of getting some leggings from We Love Colors because it seems like every other cheaper pair I buy is transparent. Would you recommend them?

Chelseabird said...

I LOVE boba! I have two boba shops pretty close to my house! PS You look darling! Love those flats and leggings! 

Caroline Ikeji said...

hi-chews are like the best things everrrrr. delicious!

i loveeee the yellow belt and those shoes are super duper cute. and perfect with that polka dot top!!! fab!

caroline - pictures & words

Ashley Nielson said...

they're amazing! you must get a pair--finally leggings that aren't see threw!

Lisa Travers said...

I love Hi-Chews!! :D Best Japanese lolly ever :D

Madison Thorpe said...

oh my goodness! I've never met anyone else who's know about Hi-Chews!! I went to 

EFY one year and a girl in my group was living in China for a year and brought all of us some Hi-Chews to share and enjoy.. they're soooo good!!

Irene Navajas said...

if I'm ever going to Arizona, I'll let you take me anywhere you want! I love Asian supermarkets here too, I always find some weird but fun stuff! :)

Nikiworthen said...

Costco carries Hi-Chews. A big variety pack. At least the one in Houston does.

Nikiworthen said...

Sally, I just commented about costco in houston carrying hi-chew, not sure if the costco in az does, but the houson one carries a variety pack with lemon!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.