An Ode to the Fashion of My Favorite Holiday:

10.01.2010

Do you know what gets me excited? 
Well, that question has plenty of answers, but I have one in mind. Did you guess it? It's October.

Do you know why October gets me excited? 


Because October has thirty-one days. On the last of those thirty-one days is a little treasure I like to call All Hallows Eve. And I like that eve. A lot.


The strange things is I've never needed an excuse to dress up. I suppose I just love that others have one.

Very few things make me happier than seeing people enjoying the custom that I participate in on a regular basis. 


In case you are drawing a blank on what to be this year; I would like to present you a few ideas
So here they are. 
A Look Back 
on some 
Costumes of the Past:
1920s Murder Mystery Party: Flapper
4th Annual Bagley New Years Eve Theme Party: The Distant Future
Senior Year Spirit Week: 70s Day
70s Date Night
Friday the 13th Costume Party in July: 1980s Malibu Barbie
Senior Year Spirit Week: 80s Day
Senior Year Spirit Week: 50s Day
Halloween Senior Year: Mary Poppins & Bert
Pirates of the Caribbean Opening Night
Sophomore Year of College: Grace Kelly (de Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window)
& Tink of course
Senior Year Spirit Week: 60s Day
Batman Opening Night
3rd Annual Bagley New Years Eve Theme Party: Black & White
Monochromatic Maiden (Marilyn Monroe dress from a previous year)
First Annual Bagley New Years Eve Theme Party: Hollywood Murder Mystery
Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire
Cap 'N Crunch Party
Winner of "Best Hat Competition"
Pirate Themed Birthday Party
5th Annual Bagley New Years Eve Theme Party: B is for Beatnik  & Bagley
Junior Year of College: Luna Lovegood & Sirius Black (de Harry Potter)
Freshman Year of College: Rosy the Riveter
The Mad Hatter and Alice 2010
Stephanie Tanner (Full House) 2011
Ron Swanson & Leslie Knope (Parks & Recreation) 2012

Which is your favorite? 
What are you going to be this year? 
Tell me, tell me! 
It makes me so happy!

17 comments

lauren brimley said...

I STILL tell people how you make the perfect Grace Kelly from Rear Window (one of my favorite movies, by the way). But in this group, I only can have a top 3:

1. Grace Kelly
2. Luna Lovegood! (you are perfection!)
3. Rosie the Riveter.

Connie said...

I LOVE the Rosie the Riveter costume...I may have to consider copying that one! Great costume idea!

kylee said...

in love with the harry potter costumes. you are the best luna of all time.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

You really look like Luna! Great costume. Mary Poppins is so cute too!

jamiebarazoto said...

love them all! I'm thinking about being a string cheese.

Savanna said...

Oh my gosh I love you as Luna!! I'm going to be a ninja this year...

Jon + Kat said...

Where did you get those freakin' awesome pants for Malibu Barbie?! That is fantastic! Since I'm a loser, I don't really dress up, but Sevy is going to be Tinkerbell for the 4th year running (impressive when this is her 5th Halloween), and Teik is going to be a Garden Gnome. Last year he was an American Gladiator circa 1990.

Corey and Bridgette said...

Wait a sec. Is that YOUR owl??? I love it, where did you get it? I need a good owl in my home.

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Batman opening night is awesome! I love that you dress up all the time. I need to do that more.

I am going to be shooting a wedding in New Orleans for Halloween so now I am not sure. I have to think of something fun.

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

ooo these are some fun ideas, i especially like the string cheese and the garden gnome. i may have to convince marcus to be a garden gnome sometime...

Anonymous said...

i can't even pick a favorite!! clearly halloween is your favorite holiday, these costumes are so creative its unbelievable. the 23rd and yet i still have no clue what to be!

Indigo Bleu Photography said...

Batman opening night is awesome! I love that you dress up all the time. I need to do that more.

I am going to be shooting a wedding in New Orleans for Halloween so now I am not sure. I have to think of something fun.

Corey and Bridgette said...

Wait a sec. Is that YOUR owl??? I love it, where did you get it? I need a good owl in my home.

kylee said...

in love with the harry potter costumes. you are the best luna of all time.

bclewis2 said...

um, luna lovegood obviously! mostly because you make an awesome luna, but also because brandon and jake are in it! you guys are awesome.

Cody McWilliams said...

 So tomorrow at the lovely 'ol WW we are having a Gatsby Gala and I totally thought of you the whole time we were planning it and of course I am looking for some costume inspiration here!

Olivia Ramirez said...

love them all! Rosie the Riveter is my favorite!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.