eleven things.

3.03.2012

There are six rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.

4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.

5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.

6. No saying, "If you are reading this, you're tagged."
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I studied for two weeks in high school in an effort to learn how to whistle. Yes, i said studied. I checked out multiple books on it, went to several websites, watched innumerable amounts of youtube videos, asked friends and family members, and hear i sit, 23 years old, and I still can not whistle a single note. 
source
2. I can't get myself to eat either end of a banana. only the middle. I never have, and I never will. I have no idea where this phobia stems from, but it runs deep. 
3. My goal is to be a student all my life. I was obsessed with all my classes (except research methods) in college and I can't wait to sign up for a few classes at the community college next semester. It's just my hobby I guess.
4. I'm a hemophobe. That means I pass out when I see blood.
5. I thoroughly enjoy popping zits. Like, it's disgusting how much pleasure it brings me.
6. I've kissed 4 boys in my life. My forth, last, and favorite was Marcus.
7. I think marriage is the bee's knees.
8. My left foot is a half size bigger than my right. It's the bane of my existence.
9. I have no temperature regulation.
10. I never have and have no plans to read/watch the Twilight series.
11. I'm highly superstitious. Especially with things like fortune cookies and the proper way to drink a jones soda for best fortune.
source
11 Questions from BusyBeeLauren:

1. If you had to wear skirts for the rest of your life, or jeans for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Aye, yi, yi! You're killing me, Smalls. I would never have to make this choice, but I'm going to say skirts, because in Arizona in the summer, skirts are the only way I survive, and you can always pair skirts with tights when it's cold outside. Plus it's easy to dress up a skirt and wear it casually. I'd hate to show up at a wedding in jeans, ya know?
2. What was your favorite PBS kids show growing up?
Bill Nye the Science Guy. duh. 
VS.
3. Who is cooler? Zack Morris or Cory Matthews?
I was basically enraged when i read this question. like, honestly--how in the world am i supposed to make this choice. Lar, if i didn't love you, i'd hate you for this question. I had a major, and i mean major, crush on Zack Morris--probably my first love. How could i not with that perfect 90s hair that has always made me weak in the knees?! But Cory is the sweetest, and in the end, sweetness always wins for me, even when faced with blonde-haired-boy-dreamboat, Zack. So Cory Matthews it is.
4. What is your least favorite smell in the world?
It's a toss-up between petrichor (the smell that happens right before and right after it rains on dry earth), I love both the smell and the etymology of the word. It comes from Petra, which is Greek from stone or rock (remember Peter means rock?), and Ichor, which is the liquid that runs through the veins of gods. Pretty great, right? I had a word obsession in high school...i think it's showing. The other sent I love is Marcus, when he sprays on the Red Lacoste I bought him. HEAVEN!...err, wait, i just re-read this question and realized it was supposed to be least favorite...oops. Probably onions on someone's or my own breath.
5. What's the worst injury you have ever had?
There were only two people in high school that I really and truly did not like. at the time i would even go so far as to say i hated them. now that i think about it, i probably didn't really hate them, but back then it felt like it. one of those two people was flirting with my boyfriend while on a group date, and in her flirtatious story-telling, she somehow kicked her leg out, and in the process, kicked my big toe nail completely backwards. I, of course, didn't want any of her sympathy, so i walked away from the circle without her even knowing what happened and cried in the car the rest of the night. Half because of my painful toe, and half because i thought she was a terrible person. Hahah, i forgot all about that story until now.
6. What book have you read more than once?
The Book of Mormon and The Harry Potter Series.
7. What do you take the most photos of?
Shapes/colors. I'm obsessed with shapes in nature and architecture. I notice them everywhere and when they're really cool, i stop and take pictures.
8. What is the first perfume you ever purchased/wore?
I've been lucky and have pretty much always got my perfume as gifts, but I think I might have bought GAP Dream in the 90s. Remember that stuff? That smell will always remind me of Abercrombie bags and Jewel (the singer), in other words, that scent will always remind me of my sister, Leisel.
9. What is your ideal date?
Something that involves nice weather, beautiful surroundings, good music, and the opportunity to be silly, fun, and creative. Cuddling is nice too...
10. Tell me your favorite thing about the state you live in.
Arizona sunsets. I've always appreciated our beautiful skies, but it wasn't until I moved away for a few years, that I realized we REALLY and truly do have the most beautiful sunsets in the world. I've seen them in Ireland, Mexico, Honduras, Hawaii, countless states in the US and Arizona wins. Sorry folks.
11. Most frequented website?
Either Blogger or twitter.
11 New Questions for the Tagged:
1. Who was your first famous crush?
personally, i've always had a thing for foxes...
2. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
3. Was it good or bad?
4. Where's the best place you've ever visited?
5. If you could have the starring role in any musical what would it be?
source
6. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. What's your favorite quality in a boyfriend/husband?
8. Most embarrassing moment?
9. Which power ranger did/do you want to be?
source
10. Given the choice between finding a vintage, thrifted gem or a big-time designer deal, which would you prefer? 
11. How'd your parents come up with your name?

11 comments

Amber said...

Cute! Fun to learn more about you, do me a solid, next time you see a beauty of a sunset post or instagram it. I miss those so much!!! I agree with you, nothing tops them! I can't wait till August when I get to go 'home' and see an Arizonian sunset :) 

Irene Navajas said...

I had a crush on zack morris too. now i think about it and he's not the kind of guy i like... but anyways

Aiketa said...

Funny read!!! And I like your questions too Ashley!

When I was reading about the smell of petrichor, I was kind of shocked that you were saying that you disliked it. hahaha

jenni austria germany said...

i am so honored!

and really?!  zac morris wins hands down.  i hated cory's hair!!!!!

Laura Eve said...

So I didn't learn to whistle until this past year. I tried unsuccessfully for years to learn, then one day last fall a friend told me to just "keep practicing." and now I can whistle. 

Ari Marsh said...

My right foot is a half size bigger than my left. It is my bane, as well.

kaity said...

oh man.  I can't whistle either.  I used to hate it so much, but now I've reached that point in life where I just don't care.  there are more important things than whistling.

fun fact: I also can't blow bubbles with gum. obviously my mouth is just messed up.

Kylie Pond said...

Haha I'm glad to know I'm not alone in enjoying zit-popping. And you're not missing anything with the Twilight series. I loved this post :) Probably one of the most fun of this type I've seen.

Doranda said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I really love your header with all  the different colors of tights.  I think I need a few more pairs myself. I just started my first fashion link party, called Watch What I'm Wearing, and I would be honored if would add a link at www.watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com.  Who knows maybe you will get some new visitors from it as well. 

Michaela said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I really loved this post. I thought that you could just be a faint girl crush that has cute style, but it turns out that in actuality we have a lot more in common than I thought! This post lets me know that we would be legitimate friends if were back in Arizona. As it turns out, I'm in Rexburg for the time being. But the offer stands. If you ever want to be friends, I think we would be good ones.

Diana B said...

How Funny!! My sisters favorite characters growing up was Robin Hood and Peter Pan...musta been something about the green....but I used to hate when it was her turn to chose the movie for family night, because, without fail, it was either Robin Hood or Peter Pan

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.