weekend according to the iPhone.

9.12.2011

Dear Weekend, 
You were so good to me, and I feel a need to thank you properly. I had such the loveliest of times with my friends and family as we jetted across Roosevelt Lake's glassy dew.
We ate,
we basked,
we wake-boarded,
we sang, 
and we tanned. 
Leisel even grew an extra set of eyes...
and we enjoyed the old gems that small towns provide.
Immediately from the lake, we were off to New Mexico to meet up with Jack and Jenny, but not without a few adventures along the way.
I can never tell you, sweet Weekend, the joy and magic that filled my heart when not one, not two, and not even three, but FOUR FULL RAINBOWS beamed across the sky--oh a YouTube hit it would have been had someone filmed my reaction as around the mountain, those colorful bows made their magnificent debut--the luck we were filled with after that was immeasurable, that much is sure.
And then to meet with our favorite friends in a land so green and full of daisies my heart could not keep from singing? It was really too much of you. I do not know how you had it in you, but it really was the best.
The garden was bursting with weekend treasures and goodies to counter my poor roadtrip diet. 
And to top it all off with nighttime story telling from both Jack and Marcus--Grimm's fairytales, no less!
I thought I died and went to heaven.
So, darling Weekend, what I'm trying to say is thank you, from the bottom of my heart, I will cherish the moments and memories you allowed me to fill your days with. 
 See you Friday, 
Ashley

10 comments

Rachel Luke said...

How fun!!! (: Cute swimsuit!!!

xo
rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

love instragram pictures. looks like such an amazing weekend! just came across your blog and can't wait to read more!
Xo

http://mrtaylorandhislady.blogspot.com

Laura Skvortsov said...

these pics are so retro and cute. thanks for sharing. :)

www.urbanstarlings.blogspot.com

Julia Loginova said...

What a great Weekend! I'm happy for you, I really enjoy the photos. And I believe in unicorns! ;)

Julia Loginova said...

http://goldiebirdie.blogspot.com/ oh! and welcome to my blog ;)

Ashley Nielson said...

thank you!

littlemissbogan said...

1) i love your swimmers/bathers/cozzies/swimming costume whatever you folks call them 2) i really like the instagrams (obviously) - everything looks so much cooler with it!

angela hardison said...

what a fun weekend! the double eyes is so hilarious/creepy.

Karen said...

Looks like an amazing weekend. So happy you had such a good one!
Love the shirt you're wearing in the rocking chair.

Elaine said...

Lots of pics! Looksl ike you had a good time!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.