America's Favorite...Truffle?

8.18.2011


I'm sure this is just the most terrible thing for you, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious and fine to eat every once in a while.
I served these and the Joe's cookies for dessert at Sunday dinner and my family was freaking out, so I thought I'd share. 
Thanks Samantha for giving me this recipe!
Making Oreo truffles.
Ingredients:
1 pack of Oreo's
8 oz package for cream cheese
Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (or any candy coating chocolate)
Directions:
1. Finely crush up all Oreo's (leave two out). 
You can used a food processor, Bosch, or a zip-lock and a rolling pin. 
2. Once the Oreo's are crushed, mix in the softened cream cheese.
3. Roll mixture into balls, 1-inch in diameter and place balls on cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
 4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
5. Once chocolate is melted, use two forks to dip the balls. 
This is the hardest part. Don't stress too much, as long as they're covered they'll be good and look fine. Mine looked terrible, but once they hardened they looked good. 
If you have any that look really bad, crush up the two Oreo's you kept out and sprinkle over the top.
6. Once all the balls are covered in chocolate, place the balls in the fridge for at least an hour, or until the shell is hardened.
7. Enjoy!
8. If you don't eat them all, store an in air-tight container in your fridge, or just bring them to me...

17 comments

Claire said...

It's the BEST TRUFFLE EVER!

Lindsey said...

I've tried these before and they are to die for!

Sarabell said...

These sound amazing! I'll have to substitute a few things but I'm definitely going to give something similar to this a whirl around Christmas. =]

Emma Davis said...

My mom made these for a special event and forgot to put them out for guests...no need to worry though, we finished them off the next day all by ourselves!

Heather Marie said...

Oh wow. This picture made my mouth water. 

lauren gardner said...

Oh my word... that sounds wonderful... I just might die unless I make those tonight. If you dont hear from me in the next few days, call an ambulance. ;)

Brenn Cole said...

They're a lot easier to dip if you freeze the oreo balls first!  We make these for Christmas every year--I highly recommend using mint oreo's--delish!  We also crush up candy canes to put on top, or just use sprinkles, it looks super cute!

Elise H said...

This is one of my favorite recipes! :) Yummy.

Rebecca Stinocher said...

Samantha made these for their housewarming. I feel like I ate the whole tray. 

Ashley Nielson said...

oh my goodness! this is genius! i can't wait to try that. thanks for the tip :)

Ashley Nielson said...

ya and then i ate the rest of them every morning for breakfast!

minnja style said...

wow, sounds great!!!

minnja.blogspot.com

LOVE
Minnja

the {postscript} blog said...

WHAT. IS. THIS! That looks delicious and it looks super easy! Probably good with white chocolate too right?
Pshhhhhh "If you don't eat them all...". as if haha.
-Monica

Aubrey Chevrier said...

I love those things! When we lived with my husband's aunt and uncle for a couple weeks last year, one of the cousins used to request that I make them daily. lol I haven't made them since because I know I will eat them all :)

Sarai said...

i have made these before!! they're even better with mint oreos :D

Sharmaine Ruth said...

mmmmmm looks sooo delicious! I'll have to try and make those now :)

Emily Coletti said...

Oh my gosh! One time I was buying butter and a random little old woman came right up to me and asked me if I'd like to know how to make truffles. She gave me this recipe!!
I'll definitely have to try them out now. It would seem the world is trying to tell me something.
http://projectadoration.blogspot.com

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.