View from the Passenger Seat.

3.07.2011

Roadtrips are my favorite.
I used to get really car sick and I hated driving, but now that a front-seat-passenger-sitter with full temperature control, reclining ability and an VERY attractive boy to look at--my roadtrip opinion has soared through the roof and onward to the moon. 

Now, the only thing I have a problem with now is the inability to pull over every time I see a beautiful scene (which may or may not be approximatively every 6 minutes...) I guess 'through-the-window pictures' will have to do for now.
Roadtrips are even more fun when you pull over to get gas and you run into your friends!
We had such a good time playing games all day with the Chipmunks and staying up late chatting with Christian  and Stephanie. I especially loved the midnight crepes full of fresh fruit, lemon juice, powdered sugar, whipped creme and Nutella! Mmmm
Favorite quotes from the kids:
Oliver: "Hey Ashley, after this round, don't you just feel like going outside and getting some wind on our bodies?"
Claire: "Can't you guys just stay for...5 more months?"
"Um Dad, I need to borrow five-hundred dollars."

We actually had so much fun, that we stayed an extra night. 
And seeing as they have the most comfy guest bed on the planet, it was a good choice, indeed!
Did you have a great weekend?
What was the highlight?

16 comments

Becca said...

love the pics, how do you know nie nie

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

thanks,
she's my sister-in-law.
christian is marcus' brother

Liesl said...

Fun, fun, fun and I love the pictures!

Liesl :)

Unknown said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! I love those mountains. I went to Utah once. Changed my life a little bit, haha.

Rebecca said...

what a fun weekend trip! i love spending time with nieces and nephews. they always say the cutest things. i'm with you on car rides though. man those are tough. especially on the bum/legs area.

rebeccawithanR

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Her kids are such fun ages...seriously. My favorite ages.

This weekend I was lazy and went and got sushi! ....and that was exactly what I needed too :)

brandilyn said...

wind on bodies is just the best thing ever! hahaha SO sweet :)

Lara said...

Those kids are too cute :) And your pictures from the window are beautiful!
Best part of the weekend was going to the Best of Europe store down the street from my house <3

Lauren said...

why, thank you! i didn't know that you're related to nie nie, what a solve blog-world!
by the way, i'm pretty sure i saw you and marcus on campus the other day... though i couldn't be sure. if so, you are taller than i thought. (that's great!)

Lauren said...

*umm, small. yeah...

Anonymous said...

i love kid quotes. i need to think of a solid way now to document what mine say (when i have them!).
love your rayban pic.

Rachel said...

Those kids are adorable!

The highlight of my weekend was probably stopping into the soon-to-be-closed-down Border's by my fiance's house and finding two great books for only $1 each! It was very exciting :)

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Love your neices and nephews!

This makes me excited for my roadtrip to Vegas this weekend

Julie said...

I need to try that line on my dad, 500 dollars would be real helpful to me. Probably not as endearing coming from a a relatively grown-up child. haha. Glad you had a good weekend and road trip. Knob control is imperative to a good drive.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i am LOVING these quotes.

Kelly Bunn said...

i love Nie and her family! didnt know you were related to them! i found you thru Lauren's blog. what a small world in the Mormon world :)

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.