A Little Radness from the Weekend

1.17.2011

They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...but I do!
I got this for Christmas from Ma Nielson and I spent my entire Friday in Wonderland!
He said he was going to wait until Valentine's Day to spring this one one me, but, well, he couldn't. I laughed my head off.
Friday night, we went on a triple date with Kate, Brandilyn, and their husbands (duh!). 
Unfortunately, I took no pictures. I'm a fool.
But can we talk about Kate's legs? 
They basically go on for 3 miles and there's only one word to describe them: BowChickaWowWow!
Since I have to wake up at 5AM to take Marcus to clinical at the hospital every Saturday, I decided I should volunteer at the nearest Bountiful Basket location. It was a blast. All the contents in two of these baskets for $15! It's a amazing! 
You should sign up and get healthy :)
After my time at the bountiful basket co-op was up, I came home and painted this. Riding in a hot-airballoon, and going to the hot-airballoon festival in New Mexico are on my list of things to do before I die and I had seen a small card like this, but I needed it bigger and red, so I made my own. I love it.

Anything Fun Happen In Your Life This Weekend?

12 comments

Alexa said...

This weekend I went to Young Single Adults for the first time ever, had an awesome girl's night out, and got to play with my cute nephew!
This is my first time at your blog, and I love it. It is so happy here!

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

Alexa--welcome! so glad you're here! girls night sounds fun. glad you had a good weekend. Have you entered the blog giveaway? if not, you should!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! that made me laugh... and feel awkward... but laugh first... :) i'll trade my legs for your hair? deal?

lets hang out again! somewhere where the service is better perhaps...

Shay said...

Your hilarious- Kate and her husband were in my ward awhile back- small world! And I have wondered if Bountiful Baskets was any good, I think i'll give it a try! Glad you had a good weekend:-)

Claire said...

I love the books Anthropologie sells- they are so adorable! I always have to restrain myself from buying books I already have...

Lauren said...

my mama gave me the same book for christmas! god bless the mamas.

Jenni Austria Germany said...

you are talented. and i just books by their covers, too. that, and their smell.

Anonymous said...

i'd love to find something like that to volunteer at in my area. where could i look for it? also, speaking from someone who spent a few years living in albuquerque, you MUST make it to the balloon fiesta. husband and i plan to go in the next few years (pre-kiddo).

Jdel: said...

been following your blog for awhile now - loved the balloon painting. i'm from new mexico so i grew up watching the balloons float over my house every season. the festival is definitely something worth doing - i hope one day you make it out here!

Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

Erin--just click on that link and it should show you locations...i ordered a basket and on my receipt it said if you'd like to help come an hour earlier than the pick-up time. they were so happy to have the extra hands.

you girls from new mexico are making me want to go SOOO bad!

Erin said...

i'd love to find something like that to volunteer at in my area. where could i look for it? also, speaking from someone who spent a few years living in albuquerque, you MUST make it to the balloon fiesta. husband and i plan to go in the next few years (pre-kiddo).

JDelthefunky said...

been following your blog for awhile now - loved the balloon painting. i'm from new mexico so i grew up watching the balloons float over my house every season. the festival is definitely something worth doing - i hope one day you make it out here!

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.