This Old Thing?...

12.19.2010

Yesterday was glorious. It was our first full day back in AZ for the holidays, and do I need to tell you how much I love it here?
 Family, shopping, friends, citrus, Christmas parties, the ability to go outside without fear of slipping on ice or catching pneumonia, mmm, it just feels right


photo credit: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/85436539
We have the most glorious flag, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees...
We woke up and started our Christmas shopping by hitting up the fantastic vintage sale put on my a number of fabulously talented ladies, two of which I am blog friends with,
These two ladies are even more beautiful in real life! 
If you can believe that. 
Plus, Angela called me "Unicorn Ashley" so I like her 
even more than I thought...
After which, I met a reader, who was the nicest lady, and funny too!

But, perhaps, the best part was this dress I found sold my Kayleen Reed. 
Which we will be wearing soon, 
so you'll see pictures of it later.

I tried quite a few on, but most were too big. When I got to the last dress I crossed my fingers and slipped it on. 
Man-Oh-Man! It fit like it was made custom for me. I was SO excited. As we made our way to the check-out Marcus found this killer tie, which we added to the tab and we left feeling very satisfied. Vintage seems to have that affect on people, I think.


I just put up and "About Me" page as requested by some readers.
Let me know what you think...

12 comments

lauren brimley said...

OH CRAP!!!! I KNEW I forgot something yesterday :( I am so sad I missed it.

Unknown said...

Loved the 'about'! Your story is so sweet.
You have studied 'The Art of Irish Story Telling'? That's amazing.
<3

Ariane said...

I definitely love your new page. I vote you move to AZ & we can hang.

Ella A. said...

I like your blog, Ashley. Especially that you tell me how to fix my hair in cute buns. I'm no good at fixing my own hair and it usually hangs down very boring like. Plus, I really like your buttons. :)

Sister Larson said...

So you complimented my outfit today...and I about died. Because I believe you to be the most beautiful and adorable woman in the world with the best taste in clothes ever. And for you to even notice my clothes...well...I was beyond surprised. :) So thank you SO much for that. I read your blog all the time and try to apply your tips to my life. You are wonderful, Ashley. Thanks for being so true to yourself. I loved this post. Because I love Arizona too. Lots and lots.

Anna said...

after reading about angela's basement sale, i really wished i lived in arizona! hooray for finding perfect vintage dresses!

Brooke said...

your 'about me' page is absolutely adorable!! too cute! [also your wedding picture(s) were so beautiful!]
Brooke, www.snowingLove-bd.blogspot.com

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i love the about me! you might be the most attractive couple of all time.....and your baby pic is too cute!

angela hardison said...

thanks for the shout-out. i felt silly after i called you unicorn ashley, but i'm glad you didn't mind too much. so glad you were able to come!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i love the about me! you might be the most attractive couple of all time.....and your baby pic is too cute!

Ari- Audrey Onassis said...

I definitely love your new page. I vote you move to AZ & we can hang.

Beth said...

I like your blog, Ashley. Especially that you tell me how to fix my hair in cute buns. I'm no good at fixing my own hair and it usually hangs down very boring like. Plus, I really like your buttons. :)

© i believe in unicorns. Maira Gall.